Sunday, October 3, 2010

Discerning


My discernment continues, I always think my thoughts and musings to my director are so off base and ridiculous that they will be immediately discounted.

But the responses I receive make me think that maybe I have something to say. But I still think in my mind that she is just being nice. Funny how a negative mind works.

I am scared to death at times. Scared that this actually means something and a larger change will be necessary.

But that is what God requires of us. Change. Radical change. And not just for people seeking ordination. Everyone. Everyone is required to make radical change.

Change is scary enough. This sort of change can seem daunting.

God knows that. And you know what? He doesn't care. The change needs to happen regardless. It's up to us to figure it out.

No comments: