Friday, October 22, 2010

The good stuff

I think now is a time of taking stock. Taking stock of what I have. I've done plenty of taking stock of what I've lost over the last several months. From time to time I stop and remind myself that I am lucky and I have a lot. But, I don't think I have ever taken time to truly appreciate what I have.

I have my family. My family is unbelievable. I have a small family compared to some, both of my parents, one sibling and a niece. But they are all great and I can count on any of them for support.

I have my sanity (some days).

I have my health.

I have my faith and my church. This could be at the top of the list. My faith in God and my call to ministry continues to save me. I don't have the energy right now to express this in words. It just does.

I have my dogs. Although I share them with my ex-partner, those times when I walk them or get to keep them at my place, almost magical. Like a drug, instant stress relief. I love my pups.

I have skills and education. So do a lot of people. But I have faith I will find a job. I have faith.

All in all, I'm in a much better place than a whole lot of people. I don't use that to make myself feel better, meaning I don't look to other people to make myself feel better. But I use it to balance my feelings out.

This is a trying, challenging, turbulent time. But God will prevail, He always does.

No comments: