Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I gave a sermon

Tonight I preached. The focus was the Feast Day of St. Luke (which actually occurred on the 18th). I spoke about the trust and faith Luke had despite having never met Jesus, how he went on to spread the teachings of Jesus. And how that could influence our own lives, we having never met Jesus needing to go forth and spread his teachings, especially the tale of salvation.

I was pretty nervous leading up to it, but seemed to hold it together during the sermon. And from what I've been told I delivered it in a very calm, controlled manner. Which was my goal. I want to project a calm, compassionate person. And yet deliver a powerful message.

We shall see. It was a first try, from all accounts I succeeded, and on a personal, selfish level, I succeeded.

I'm good with today. In fact, I'm quite ecstatic.

No comments: