Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Preaching

My first attempt at preaching is approaching. With everything else going on in my life I think I am trying to cover up this very real occurrence about to happen.

What to preach about. I will be preaching at a Wednesday service and given that most Episcopal churches take the Wednesday service as a chance to honor a particular saint, I will be doing that. I'm thinking about St. Theresa of Avila. But not entirely sold. She does fascinate me. And she certainly provides plenty of material to talk about.

The idea of preaching at once terrifies me to be honest and also excites or at least engages me. I relish this opportunity. If I can get over my nerves, I know I can connect. I am not a great communicator but I know I can connect with people.

So, we'll see how my introverted self does.

No comments: