Thursday, September 23, 2010

Looking for answers

Today, I think I had one of the lowest points in my life recently.

I think depression has been seeping in. Everything has combined into a nuclear bomb on my life right now, or at least that is what it feels like. I think I could have handled everything, for the most part, but knowing I'm losing my job in November has twisted the knife.

I am losing my positive outlook and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I used to be able to turn to church for comfort. But these days, church is an activity more than a refuge. And that's not a negative statement about the church I've been placed at, not at all. It is just that now church feels more like work, like it is a task I need to fulfill to get through to the next stage. I understand how this process works. But, that is stress enough. To not have that refuge on top of everything else just really turns things around.

I'm not sure what the answer is. Sleep usually provides some energy and a fresh look. Prayer definitely works although in my current state I find myself praying less, I'm not sure what that means.

My family is there for me. I know that. So, I have a network. And I realize while typing that I'm not without help.

Some are not so lucky.

No comments: