Monday, October 25, 2010

More complications

This is my virge I received from the Verger's Guild of The Episcopal Church.


It is a symbolic item of the office of verger, which was once considered one of the lower orders of ordained ministry.

I received this after completing the Verger's course. It wasn't hard at all, just time consuming and took some dedication.

In my own discernment I, for some reason, am feeling thrown about. Not because of receiving this, but just, well, just because. Within a week I received my virge, acknowledging an accomplishment, I very successfully preached and then met with my discernment group.

And the bottom dropped out from underneath me.

Now I am questioning everything. Even whether ordained ministry is for me. Is it?

I know I love my home parish and crave to go back there and serve as a verger. So now I'm wondering if that along with participating in a religious order might fulfill my call.

Geez. This just keeps getting more complicated.

No comments: