Saturday, April 2, 2011

My team lost

Well the Cats fell short tonight, 56-55 to UConn. It was a heartbreaker and I am (or was) certainly bummed. I've been around for the excitement of Final Four wins and National Titles and it is absolutely electric. So to not have that is a major letdown. Losing in the tournament becomes a harder hit the deeper the team goes. We made it this far which was something no one, no one, thought this team could do.

But, it is a game, a sporting event. I feel for the young men involved but life does indeed go on. Basketball is a great distraction and I am sad I won't have that distraction for a few more days. But on the other hand I am brought back down to reality. Time to refocus. It may seem odd but I had become obsessed with stats, reports, sports commentary, etc in the last week or so. And that is ok, it's fun.

But now back to life.

And waiting for the next basketball season.

No comments: