Thursday, April 7, 2011

A great day

Today has been an outstanding day. Sometimes you look forward to a particular day and you are let down or only partially fulfilled. But still grateful you have good things to look forward to and at least have some parts of your life that are nice.

I had been looking forward to today and indeed the rest of this weekend. And today just didn't disappoint. It was quite simple really. Very nice weather. Impeccable really. 70 degrees, sunny, no humidity. Spring in Kentucky.
Long time friend came up to stay with my ex-partner so we all hang out for a bit then went and had a late lunch. Bloody Mary's, glasses of chardonnay, vodka tonics, appetizers. Good times. And I have made some further inroads on my next steps, more to come on that later. Now I am sitting here playing with the dogs, especially my little girl. Sometimes, a day of no particular significance can end up meaning the most. I am very grateful.

No comments: