Monday, March 21, 2011

Someone holding my future

Tomorrow (well today at this point), I meet with the Bishop.

A strange thing to have your future in the hands of a single person. But yet that is the nature of this process.

So much work has been done. So much evaluation and reports. Everything I know of that has been sent to him has been very positive, some of it extremely so.

But the question that remains is what is my next step? Am I going to be required to go off to a 3 year residential seminary program? How much debt will I be expected to incur? Will the Bishop (as I suspect he is becoming) at least a little flexible in some ways?

I know of a fellow aspirant who just met with him and the Bishop told her she didn't need to go to seminary unless she wanted to. Wow. Now granted, this person already has a doctorate. But still, letting seminary go by the wayside says something.

However, I have BA, not even a masters degree. So I suspect seminary will be required of me. And in many ways I am very ok with that. I honestly think I need that. And I would love for a great, nurturing and formative seminary experience. I do hope there is some flexibility on how that experience takes shape.

Somehow though I am ok. Of course I am nervous, but I know I will be ok regardless of what comes of my meeting.

God provides and my path will be what it is. I've done all I can for now.

No comments: