Sunday, January 23, 2011

This weekend, looking forward

The end of another weekend. But not having a job means the term 'weekend' has very little meaning these days. Days and weeks seem to melt into one another. At times it can be very disconcerting. Frustrating. Maddening even.

But that is my reality at the moment. I am trying to embrace my open schedule. There is certainly plenty of time to look for a job (#1 priority), time to write, journal, read, volunteer with my church and of course time to play with my dogs and spend time with them.

Lest anyone think it, this is certainly not an extended vacation. On the contrary, the mental stress completely negates any notion of not having to report to someone Monday-Friday. I would much rather that. And certainly my schedule, especially my sleep schedule is askew. I would much rather though be in bed at the moment resting up to go to work in the morning instead of being up at 2 am on a Monday morning contemplating my circumstances.

There is a very real bright spot however. I am heading to Haiti in a little less than a week. This time next week, I will be in the thick of it. And it is something I am really looking forward to. I have sort of divested myself of any expectations, I'm trying to be open to whatever happens, happens.

So for now in this short period of time that is my focus. We'll see how it affects it my focus when I return.

No comments: