Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coming to a head

At times my life seems spiraling out of control. And at others, it seems barreling towards a better end. Just with a lot of messiness along the way.

This coming weekend holds what in essence is a brief (from 5 pm Friday until around the same time on Sat) retreat, but could possibly feel like an eternity. Or it could fly by. Either way it will be a huge factor on how the rest of my discernment goes. It is a retreat with the Bishop and the Commission on Ministry.

I'm not particularly worried but I am nervous/anxious. I'd like to think that is a perfectly normal and acceptable state to be in. Otherwise I don't think I'd be genuine. If I was so relaxed going into it, well then I think I'd be overestimating myself and underestimating the seriousness of how I am going to be evaluated.

Beyond that I am very much feeling the weight of not having a job. It's daunting and I don't know when it will end. I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm not receiving any response from the jobs I'm applying for. Something will come up at some point.

In the meantime I have my discernment to focus on. This week should be interesting.

2 comments:

Saint Pat said...

So, which was it? did the weekend fly by, or was it eternity?

Baron Blue said...

It flew by. It was a great weekend. And sorry for the delay, I just never expected anyone to ever see my blog, much less comment. Thanks!