Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My birthday dinner

Today my ex-partner called and invited me to a late lunch to celebrate my birthday. While I was surprised, on some level I wasn't. Regardless, it was something he didn't have to do.

Because of my schedule, mainly dealing with the unemployment office, the late lunch ended up being an early dinner.

He almost kept apologizing for not doing more. I was well, humbled. For all that has passed between us for him to pretty much feel obligated to still honor my birthday, well. I'm not quite sure what to think.

It was a perfectly fine meal, appetizers, wine, we ordered our actual dinner to go. And that was it.

He stopped at my place for a bit. We watched tv, had a drink and he went home.

I think my confusion has been taken up a notch.

No comments: