Friday, November 4, 2011

Daily struggles

I face many struggles in seminary, as do all my fellow seminarians. The main one that is presenting itself is financial. I won't go into details about that, it should be obvious.

The other is social, adapting to new people, which has happened and continues to happen.

Another is the breaking away, the letting go, of the old life, of home, etc.

These continually confront me. I think if the financial part was rock solid I would have more mental and emotional energy to deal with the other issues. But who knows?

Last night we had a very special service, a Solemn Evensong and Installation of the new Dead of Bexley Hall, and I had the honor of being the verger. It was a grand service, exemplifying the Episcopal tradition. It was a reminder to me of why I am not only an Episcopalian but why I feel called to be a priest.

The careful attention to liturgy and how the liturgy uplifts the worship of the people and enhances it.

It was glorious.

Those are the moments I cling to and that bring me strength in the midst of my day to day struggles.

May God bless me (and everyone) with moments that strengthen us throughout our daily struggles.

No comments: