Monday, May 9, 2011

The pups


Having my dogs here at my apartment is always a party type atmosphere for me. Especiall

y since I don't currently have a job and I don't always have them here. In fact, having them here two or three days a week is a huge deal, but one I have been working hard recently on making happen a lot more.

So, when I have the pups, I will have some wine, spoil the dogs with numerous and lengthy walks, treats, rawhide bones etc. I usually reserve the trips to the dogpark when I know I have limited time with them.

I have had the dogs since yesterday and although I think Kaiser gets bored around me (he is so very attached to Tom it isn't even funny, but that's ok, I'm glad he has that bond) they both get tons of attention and Zelda, my baby girl gets a great workout, which she needs.

My stress tends to melt away and I am better able to figure out solutions to whatever crisis I am dealing with. And if I really can't find a solution or even begin to think of a solution to my current crisis, just having the pups with me washes away the stresses I am going through.

I will never understand people who abuse animals or even those who take them for granted.

I know my very near future will not have the dogs in it, but I know they will always be in my heart and my love for them and all animals (especially dogs) will be a distinct part of my personality and influence how I am and interact with the world.

And that is a good thing.









No comments: