Friday, May 8, 2009

Storms

I love a good thunderstorm, if I'm home and everything is taken care of. That is, I don't have any reason nor desire to leave the house.

It never seems to work out like that though.

Today we had a pretty good sized line of storms roll through and the bulk of it happened while I was at work. It was still happening after I got home but I was busy cleaning, straightening up, etc so I couldn't enjoy it.

Sounds strange, but yes I enjoy a nice strong thunderstorm.

I certainly don't want anyone to be hurt or property to be damaged, but I do love the thunder and lightning and the downpour of rain. There is a certain tranquility to it, the machine gun sound of raindrops hitting the roof, the cracking of lightning, the rolling thunder, the gray skies.

Of course by the time I got things settled and was ready to enjoy the night, the clouds had parted and the sun was shining. And although the sun shining has been a rare occurence around here for the last week or so, I secretly wished for another wave of storms to roll through here.

No comments: