Saturday, March 8, 2008

Obama wins Wyoming


Obama has whipped Hillary in Wyoming.


After her surprising success on March 4th, he appears to have slowed whatever momentum she was experiencing.
I've said this to everyone who asks, I like them both. I prefer Hillary, but at this point, from a mathematical standpoint, Obama is going to win unless he makes an absolute historical blunder, a la Gary Hart in 1987 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hart
I know this won't make me popular with some people I know, but I'm trying to figure out Hillary's motive here. If she were to hang on, win Pennsylvania, probably Kentucky and a couple other states that are left, she would still trail in the pledged delegate count. Is she hoping to swing the super delegates? I guess she is, but as much of a fan as I am of hers, if she were to somehow convince the super delegates to go her way and give the nomination to her (thus overriding the will of the people who voted in the primaries and caucuses), it would destroy the democratic party and any hope for a victory in November.

No comments: